I never knew how challenging it was to read simplified Chinese until these past 2 days, god damn. But let’s welcome spring with a romantic manhua from China!
Some minor notes for clarification:
- This should be read from left to right.
- Ge is the Chinese version of ‘Onii-san’ or brother. It’s used to address your own brother, as well as an older male. Spoiler for Clarification on Xu Jiamu’s last name
- Qian Anhao, Qiao Anxia, Lu Jinnian, and Xu Jiamu are all presumed to be in the same grade. No, Anhao and Anxia are not twins.
- Chinese schools require students pursue a Liberal Arts or Science course, students are split into classes according to grades. Class 1 or A being the class with the highest scoring students. (Think Baka Test but without summons.) some schools in Japan, Hong Kong, and other asian countries also use this system.
- The cake in chapter 10 costs about $1800 USD. (Someone cut me a slice.)
- Hengdian (mentioned in chapter 11) is China’s hollywood. It is about a 2 hour drive from Hangzhou. University A is presumed to be located in Beijing. It takes about 13 hours by car, and 2 hours by plane from Beijing to Hangzhou.
- This is a weekly Chinese manhua published on comic QQ. It’s not evident in the early chapters but the studio that draws the manga sometimes split chapters into part 1, 2, and so forth. Since the ‘chapters’ are untitled, we are classifying each update on QQ with a cover page as a new chapter. Therefore you may notice numbering discrepancies if you follow the manhua on QQ. For example, what we call chapter 12, is split into chapter 12&13 on QQ.
Anyway, let’s start this colourful series off with the novel’s opening quote:
In the midst of loving each other with all of our hearts,
we forgot to say a simple “I love you”.
Click the ‘Chapters’ tab above to read/download chapters 1-12. Don’t forget to give it a good rating on your right if you liked it!